18 Apr Join the Global adventure: Head of Design
Do you like the thought of creating something new every day, using what you know and re-inventing it?
Do you thrive on adventuring into the creative wilderness, and supporting others to reach their adventurous creative potential?
If this is you, then welcome to our full service creative brand communications agency, driven and inspired by thought-provoking and industry-leading design, culture, and innovation.
18 years young and still curious – we believe that conversation, collaboration and creation is everything in today’s world. We really get to know our clients to truly understand their brand and then we create an epic adventure that will leave everlasting impressions with their desired audience.
Our full house of expert creative guides, produce and oversee all elements of the brand journey, from strategy to creative, right through to production, digital and experiential environments.
Due to growth, we are looking for a talented Head of Design to join our thriving team of adventurers, to nurture, support and lead our ingenious team of creatives.
What does it take to become a Head of Design at Global?
The ability to imagine the un-imaginable.
At Global we encourage the freedom to open the mind, grow and evolve our imagination into a pioneering commercially viable idea. Simple!
Job Title: Head of Design
Reporting to: Creative Director
Job Summary: To bring a strong creative lead and idea generation to projects, whilst remaining commercially aware of delivery and expectations. To nurture, support, mentor and lead our creatives to develop a strong and engaged team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out design and artwork jobs on a daily basis
- Influence design led thinking across the business
- Ability to articulate design principles and conceptual ideas to both the team and clients
- Manage design workflow and allocate projects to members of the design team
- Ensure the designers deliver the client’s vision, on time and to budget ensuring commercial success
- Effectively manage the design team and help professionally develop members of the team
- Take client briefs effectively and develop effective design solutions
- Provide / oversee quality control over design outputs and production
- Work alongside the Creative Director to develop new business initiatives
- Liaise with supply chain, sourcing new suppliers and negotiating cost to ensure best value for money
- Commercial accountability through accurate scoping and quoting of work
- Ability to maintain quality whilst working within budget
- Maintain a quality control process to ensure briefs are being followed and understood, proofs are accurate and internal amends are kept to a minimum
- Ensure you manage expectations of all stakeholders by effectively communicating and updating
- Contributing to the weekly ‘adventure’ briefing with the other department managers
- Ensure all Studio information is added to the job bags / File Maker
- Liaise with Client Services to ensure all client briefs and amends are managed effectively and within the financial structure of the job
- Manage job sign off and handover to Client Services
- Work with Client Services and Production teams to bring ideas into the mix, offer suggestions and research new technology to ensure processes are stream-lined and efficient
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Directors of the Global Group
The successful adventurer will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a senior designer or head of design role including concept development and client contact
- Previous experience in an agency environment
- Proven track record in creating excellent brand and design work both offline and online from concept to production
- Excellent organisation and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
- Experience with Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Nice to have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing a team
- Experience of using Filemaker
Ready to join the adventure? Send your CV, covering letter and portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org